The Fruit specialist sourcing buyer will report to the Head of Procurement and Supply Chain and will be responsible to define a clear global strategy for sourcing of fruits oriented to continuously improve quality and total cost of ownership. Major buying categories include, among others, strawberry, pineapple, apricot, peach, mango, apple, raspberry, cherry, blueberry, blackberry, all in different formats and specs (fresh, aseptic purees, IQF, pulps, etc).
- Manage and monitor all transactional procurement including sourcing, tendering processes, negotiation, evaluation, contract management, legal considerations and payment conditions, supplier performance evaluation and risk assessment.
- Link with Head of R&D and Business Developers to ensure timely preparation of procurement plans of new raw materials for NPD, matching the availability and the seasonality of fruits and its specifications to the customer requirements.
- Link with the Head of Quality and Head of Industrial to align packaging, format and quality specifications needs.
- Perform visits to farms and fruit processing facilities in order to achieve quality requirements.
- Perform TCO analysis to support the negotiation and contract terms to achieve the best interest of Frulact.
- Perform crop reports with holistic analysis to support price evaluation forecasts
- Establish and manage sustainable partnerships with growers and producers
Experience and skills
- Deep experience (minimum 3 years) as a buyer of fruits on a business to business environment, dealing with traders and producers.
- Excel at negotiation and contracting level.
- Deep knowledge of what is involved when it needs to source certified fruits: FDA, Global GAP, BRC, Organic certified, Kosher and Halal.
- Good knowledge of customs and taxes.
- Knowledge and experience on the ground of main geographies of fruit production
- Excellent written and verbal communicator in English and Spanish.
- You will need to be a strong communicator with attention to detail.
You must be able to work collaboratively, developing relationships internally and externally professionally.
Strategic and logical by identifying and improving the business focusing on Quality and TCO and Service.
As a Fruit specialist sourcing buyer, you will continually seek for best sourcing alternatives that maximize the TCO.
- Ability to travel up to 50% of time to where suppliers are located.
- Knowledge of SAP and MsOffice tools