Frulact is an international business group, founded in Oporto in 1987. Currently, we are positioned as a top-ranked innovative player in the supply of added-value ingredients for the food and beverage industry, focusing on fruit preparations, plant-based dairy alternatives, liquid ﬂavours, and other specialty ingredients.
We are more than 900 Frulacteans, bringing know-how to our clients from our sites in Europe (Portugal, France, Germany and Switzerland), North America (Canada) and Africa (Morocco and South Africa). Frulact’s headquarters are based in Maia, and the group is participated by Ardian, a world leading private investment company.
We are looking for a Key Account Manager for Emmerich in Germany.
Reporting directly to the Head Of Business Development - DACH, your main mission will be to contribute to the development of sales in Germany:
- Build loyalty and develop business with customers in the food industry in the area.
- Work in close collaboration with the central support services (R&D, , Marketing etc.) based in Portugal and local R&D colleagues.
- Maintain/develop customer contacts and build your network with decision-makers based on your technical expertise and experience.
- Understand customer requirements to adapt product lines, target current key market segments and future trends.
- The position is based in Germany and requires frequent travel to mainly German clients and Frulact Germany.
- Training in an Agri/Agro Engineering School
- Proven experience in international consultive selling in B to B (ingredients) for the -food industries.
- At least 5 years of experience in sales of ingredients for the food industry, (ideally knowledge of fruit preparations).
- Proactive, resilient, hand on, dynamic and passionate personality.
- Interpersonal skills, ability to convince.
- Multicultural openness and great curiosity to identify client issues.
- Sense of customer satisfaction, strong commercial sense and interpersonal skills.
- Strong autonomy, ability to carry responsibilities.
- Mobility for regular domestic trips (30 to 40% of the time) abroad.
- Fluent German and English imperative.